As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

CentOS 6.3 +U3 = random disconnects?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 leeto2

leeto2
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Hi All, First, thank you LabJack for supporting Linux!! And after going through the forums, you support it well! I'm hoping your broad experience with LabJack + Linux will help us sort out this particular issue. We're using Labjack and a NI 6602 PCI card on an Intel Atom platform running CentOS 6.3 [codebox]uname -a 2.6.32-279.22.1.el6.i686 #1 SMP Wed Feb 6 00:31:03 UTC 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux [/codebox] Generally this has been working out great. Except we're occasionally seeing a disconnect from the U3. Here are the relevant log entries: our application log: [codebox] LJUSB_Write: calling LJUSB_Write. Calling LJUSB_SetupTransfer with count = 10 and operation = 0. Calling LJUSB_DoTransfer with endpoint = 0x1, count = 10, and isBulk = 1. *libusb error: LIBUSB_ERROR_NO_DEVICE* [/codebox] /var/log/messages [codebox] May 11 03:16:22 LID-SD-ZZZ kernel: IRQ 21/nipalk: IRQF_DISABLED is not guaranteed on shared IRQs May 11 03:16:32 LID-SD-ZZZ kernel: IRQ 21/nipalk: IRQF_DISABLED is not guaranteed on shared IRQs May 11 03:16:33 LID-SD-ZZZ kernel: uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.0: host controller process error, something bad happened! May 11 03:16:33 LID-SD-ZZZ kernel: uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.0: host controller halted, very bad! May 11 03:16:33 LID-SD-ZZZ kernel: uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.0: HC died; cleaning up May 11 03:16:33 LID-SD-ZZZ kernel: usb 1-2: USB disconnect, device number 2 [/codebox] Debug output [codebox] Calling LJUSB_SetupTransfer with count = 40 and operation = 1. Calling LJUSB_DoTransfer with endpoint = 0x82, count = 40, and isBulk = 1. LJUSB_DoTransfer: returning transferred = 40. LJUSB_Write: calling LJUSB_Write. Calling LJUSB_SetupTransfer with count = 12 and operation = 0. libusb error: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO LJUSB_Write: calling LJUSB_Write. Calling LJUSB_SetupTransfer with count = 12 and operation = 0. libusb error: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO LJUSB_Write: calling LJUSB_Write. Calling LJUSB_SetupTransfer with count = 10 and operation = 0. libusb error: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO [/codebox] Any suggestions? It's intermittent which is driving me nuts... It 'feels' like an OS / driver issue more than an issue with the LJ hardware.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

I haven't ran into "host controller process error, something bad happened!"/"host controller halted, very bad!"/"HC died; cleaning up" issues before. In your "Debug output", nothing obvious seems to be the cause of the issue. I would assume the host controller issues cause the "LIBUSB_ERROR_IO" and "LIBUSB_ERROR_NO_DEVICE" errors. When this problem does occur, does a certain call or chunk of code in your program set this off or is it random which it seems like? Let's try some things. First, try connecting your U3 to different USB ports and see if it helps. If you have a USB 2.0 port, I recommend it for testing since it uses Linux's EHCI host driver instead of UHCI. Second, make sure your kernel and libusb library are up to date for CentOS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users