As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

OMEGA ACC786A and LJU6

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shabadan

shabadan
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

Hello,
I am planning to buy both of them but I would like to be sure they can be connected.
can LJU6 provide the sensor power requirement or I need to buy the OMEGA power supply (e.g. ACC-PS2)?
I would be grateful if you could give me any suggestion for connecting the OMEGA accelerometer ACC786A here to LabJack U6 without the OMEGA power supply.

Thanks
Toni

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

The "power requirement" spec is not very clear: Voltage Source: 18 to 30 Vdc Current Regulating Diode: 2 to 10 mA Does that mean it needs both? I suspect it is an ICP/IEPE type sensor and needs a constant current source somewhere between 2 mA and 10 mA, and the voltage of that constant current source needs to be 18-30V. The U6 cannot provide a constant current supply, so you will need to provide that, but perhaps you are trying to avoid buying a $530 power supply for a $185 sensor. For other options, try searching for "iepe current source", "icp current source", "iepe power supply", or "icp power supply".

#3 shabadan

shabadan
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

...but perhaps you are trying to avoid buying a $530 power supply for a $185 sensor.

Exactly!I believe it is not a good idea and, however, out of my budget.
I have basically no electronic knowledge but, reading here I had a feeling that it could be a no so costly hardware.
Is there any chance you will produce and sell shortly such kind of accessory?May be a new LJTick-InAmp that provides also the power for ICP sensors?
thanks

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

We have no immediate plans to make a signal conditioner for ICP & IEPE sensors, but will put it on our list to consider.

You might look at other types of sensors that are powered by a voltage source and provide a high-level (0-5V, 0-10V, +/-10V, etc.) voltage output signal. We have used some MEMs sensors like this from Analog Devices and others.

You might check with Measurement Specialties also:

http://www.meas-spec...on-sensors.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users