As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

keyboard

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pol672

pol672
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hey I have a question. I want to hook up my keyboard to my labjack U3. What I want is to press a key and get the ascii key on my labview screen(or another language like vb or c). I searched this forum but didn't found what I was looking for. What I get now is always an digital input on. So I always hav an input and doesn't know why. Can anybody help me? tim c

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Is this a USB keyboard? That would be a USB device. The U3 is also a device. A device can't connect to another device, but rather must connect to a host.

#3 pol672

pol672
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

no it is an old keyboard it still has ps/2 but I already get power from the labjack to the keyboard. it just reading from the rx and tx.

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

I am not familiar with ps/2 at all, but presumably it is some sort of serial protocol? You would have to figure out the protocol and see if the U3 can talk that protocol.

#5 pol672

pol672
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Normally from what I know it can be used as the same. You can plug in a ps/2 in a usb port (with converter) and It is possible to use it. The computer will just have to install the ps/2 drivers insteed of the usb rivers. Sow can it be possible that the protocol is the same as USB. Ps/2 has the same wires vcc, gnd, rx and tx. and usb its vcc, gnd, d- and d+. Sow d- and d+ are rx and tx.

#6 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

That takes you back to post #2. If it is similar to a USB device, then it needs to connect to a USB host not another USB device.

#7 pol672

pol672
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

Yeah well i will search what I need I have already learned the ps/2 protocol sow. Thanks for your information tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users