As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

U3 streaming and C# samples not working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PacoLM

PacoLM
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

Hi, Just tried to use the streaming capability of our U3-HV (U3 Firmware Version: 1.440, U3 Bootloader Version: 0.270,U3 Hardware Version: 1.300, Driver Version 3.33, OS= Window 7 64bits). First of all, I downloaded the C# samples from the website, but none of the streaming samples work. Could anyone confirm that works and the environment that works? Thanks in advance, PacoLM

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Should work. What sort of problem do you see? Does LJStreamUD.exe work?

#3 PacoLM

PacoLM
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

No, the LJStreamUD.exe application is not working. Everything else is working fine, except all the stream apps.

#4 PacoLM

PacoLM
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

Hi, I have made a screen capture of the error by the LJStreamUD.exe application: Capture1.JPG Also, here is another screenshot of the error running the U3_SimpleStream project included in the samples library (after converting it to VS2010): Capture2.JPG Another capture of the references used in the application: Capture3.JPG Kind regards, PacoLM

#5 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hi,

I have made a screen capture of the error by the LJStreamUD.exe application:
Capture1.JPG

Also, here is another screenshot of the error running the U3_SimpleStream project included in the samples library (after converting it to VS2010):
Capture2.JPG

Another capture of the references used in the application:
Capture3.JPG

Kind regards,

PacoLM

I'm not quite sure what the cause of this is. There is an array that is set to hold the stream data in the driver when the start stream command is sent to the driver, but there shouldn't be any issues with allocating it. Unless something is radically changing it's size to be far bigger than it should be.

I've attached a .zip file with a debug build of the .dll to try and see if it gives some more info. If you download the .zip and put the .dll into the C:\windows\SysWOW64 folder it will install it. If you run LJControlPanel after that you should see the driver version as 3.34 just to verify it. Once that is done run the LJStreamUD application again and let us know if it says anything different. This is a 32-bit version of the .dll so using a known 32-bit application like that one will be easier to test.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users