As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Streaming with UE9 in VB.net

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mauritania

Mauritania
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

I am having difficulty getting my stream to display accurately (0 as 0) and (17500psi as 17500psi) on a streaming GDI+ graph in VB.net. The UE9 is functioning properly, ljhandle and whatnot... since I can: Console.WriteLine(CurrentValue) and get the accurate voltage values. I understand that you guys don't have a VB Guru, but it is somewhat challenging to get GDI+ to do what I want it to, so any assistance is appreciated.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

I am having difficulty getting my stream to display accurately (0 as 0) and (17500psi as 17500psi) on a streaming GDI+ graph in VB.net. The UE9 is functioning properly, ljhandle and whatnot... since I can:

Console.WriteLine(CurrentValue)

and get the accurate voltage values.

I understand that you guys don't have a VB Guru, but it is somewhat challenging to get GDI+ to do what I want it to, so any assistance is appreciated.

It sounds like the data is coming in correctly. Thus the error is probably caused with how the scaling is being done with GDI+. That isn't something we are too familiar with but it shouldn't be too difficult. There are basically two separate parts to the program. The LabJack part collecting the data, and then the GDI+ part that draws the data.

To simplify the task, i would ignore the LabJack part for now and just try and get the GDI+ part working the way you want it to. There are probably several tutorials online for GDI+ that give easy examples drawing that you can use as a base. A good Google search would probably be a nice place to start. Once you get that, it's just a matter of using real data from the LabJack by adding that code in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users