As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

U3 and brushless DC motor

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ermips

ermips
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hi, Can I command a DC brushless motor (voltage range: 6 18V) with U3 ? Thanks

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Do you just need to control between off and 100% forward? Or do you need variable speed? And do you need forward reverse? What is the maximum current needed for the motor?

#3 ermips

ermips
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hi, I'm a newbie and I want to understand motors command with labjack U3 and PS12DC Power Switching Board. Variable speed interest me, if possible of course. Thanks

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

What is the maximum voltage and current for the motor? First thing to try is just turning the motor on & off with the PS12DC, but don't try it unless the max current is withing the limits of the PS12DC.

#5 ermips

ermips
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

The motor is a second hand. I can't find tech sheet. So I bought a new servo motor. Thanks for your help

#6 ermips

ermips
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

I connected a DC motor (operating range 12- 24V) with PS12DC. It 's powered by 16V external power supply. Everything works fine but I would want variable speed and forward reverse. How can I do without additional hardware ? Thanks

#7 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

For variable speed, you could control the PS12DC switch with a PWM signal, rather than a steady on/off. For example, try using a timer in the 16-bit PWM mode, and if you set the duty-cycle to 50% you should see that the motor spins slower. For forward/reverse, you need an H-bridge. I would suggest getting an actual motor controller rather than making your own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users