As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

U12 AO Offset Voltage

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ktk

ktk
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

I want to use the output of my U12 to control an external current source. It is a standard voltage controlled current source (VCCS) that outputs a current proportional to the input voltage. I control my U12 with Labview, and when I set the AO (either 1 or 2) to 0.00 V, I get 4 mV output from either AO0 or AO1 (measured against the ground on the Labjack itself). This leads to an unwanted DC current at the zero setpoint. I can remedy this on the VCCS, but would rather remove this offset from the AO itself. Is there any way to remove this DC offset?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

The issue is that the op-amp driving the analog outputs is powered from +5V and GND. That means the output you can get from the analog outputs can never go quite all the way to 0.0 volts or quite all the way to +5V. In a situation where you must go all the way to 0.0 or even below, the best option is to use an LJTick-DAC with a U3, U6, or UE9.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users