As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Use timer to measure current state elapsed time?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chuckb

chuckb
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I have a Windows application where I'd like to record the time that a particular FIOx input went from a '1' to a '0'. What I'd like to do is periodically wake up a thread after a relatively long time sleeping, and then find out not only *IF* Labjack has seen a high-to-low transition on a particular input, but HOW LONG it has been since the transition into its current low state. Yes, I could just poll the FIOx input like crazy, but that won't work. I'd instead like to know if there is a way for Labjack to do this. Is seems there are many things that autonomously report on the duration between edges, but I don't see a HW gated timer function (active low) where I can latch and read the current value of the timer to reckon when the transition occurred. Is there any trick for doing something like this?? Thanks!

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

No, I can't think of a way to do that. On the new T-series you could likely write a script that does this on the device, but that scripting support is not ready yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users