As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

multiplexing with u12

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ingram010

ingram010
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Hi All I have a project which involves multiplexing 400 LED's and I wondered if it would be possible to do it with the U12, any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks John

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

If you need individual control of any combination of LEDs, then you would need 400 bits of DO. Our devices typically have ~20 DIO, so you would have to use I/O expander chips to get more. You might be able to attach enough addressable I2C chips to get 400 I/O. If you just need to turn on one LED at a time, then you need 9-bits of I/O to control 512 LEDs with multiplexers, so that is possible with lots of wiring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users