As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

UE9.singleIO method help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RedSpanner

RedSpanner
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hi, I'm having some problems understanding how to deploy singleIO method in LJPython to drive the MIO0 digital output. It doesn't help I'm coming back to this stuff after work in other areas, so I'm kinda rusty at the coding part as well. I have MIO connected to an SSR which operates a heater. In order to turn the heater off, I need to set MIO0 to "Input" mode. In order to turn the heater on, I need to set the MIO0 mode to "Output-Low". My challenge is looking at how to set this last state: "Output-Low". What combination of singleIO parameters must I use? I've reviewed sec 5.3.4 of the manual, and also the ue9 module help file, but can't connect the dots on how to set this state.... Thanks, Dean

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

The call would look something like this:
myUe9.singleIO(IOType = 1, Channel = 20, Dir = 1, State = 0)
IOType = 1 is Digital Bit Write, Channel = 20 is MIO0 (a channel numbers/bits table can be found here: http://labjack.com/s...users-guide/2.9), Dir = 1 is output (0 is input) and State = 0 is low (1 is high).

The example in the single IO source code (docstrings) almost did what you wanted. It needed the second parameter changed to 20 for the MIO0 channel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users