As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Analog output extension

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ken1110

ken1110
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hi, If I need to add the LJTick-DAC analog output expansion module to increase my U3 device a to total of 8 analog outputs does that means as when I connect it with FIOs or EIOs I will loose those inputs?? For my project, I will need 16 channels of analog inputs, 8 channels of analog outputs and 10 channels of Digital inputs. Is that achievable for a U3 device? As far as I know the U3 has 16 analog inputs and 2 analog outputs. Those inputs are (FIO 0-7 + EIO 0-7) and outputs are (DAC 0-1). I'm not sure about SDA and SCL and also CIOs 0-3. Please give me a brief explanation of those pins Thanks. Please correct me if I'm wrong or missed something regards, Ken

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Sounds like you have a U3A (V1.20) or U3B (V1.21):

http://labjack.com/s...sers-guide/2.13

You have 16 flexible I/O (digital in/out or analog in), 4 digital I/O (CIO), and 2 analog outs.

You need 16 analog in, 8 analog out, and 10 digital in. Quite simply you can see that the total of 34 is more total I/O than a single U3 has, so you will need 2 U3s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users