As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

trouble getting started -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ampicoj

ampicoj
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

I have the C# examples folder on my desktop. Running Visual Studio 2008 on W7. I choose a project -U6_SimpleWindowed for example. Double click the .csproj file. VS starts and the conversion wizard appears. I let it run. 5 files - only one - the csproj - is converted. No obvious error messages. If I select BUILD -> SOLUTION it fails with message: Error 1 Unable to create a manifest resource name for "SimpleWindowed.resx". Could not find file 'C:\Users\AJ\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp2_DotNet_LJUD.zip\DotNet_LJUD\Examples\LJUDDotNet\U6\C#\U6_SimpleWindowed\SimpleWindowed.cs'. U6_SimpleWindowed Not exactly sure why it is looking in AppData/Local/... when the files are on my desktop. Could this be related to the failed conversion? I tried adding a reference LabJackUD .NET [yes, the dropdown has a blank after UD] but I get an error message that the reference already exists. Any ideas to get me started?? Many thanks, rtt/

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

I have the C# examples folder on my desktop. Running Visual Studio 2008 on W7.

I choose a project -U6_SimpleWindowed for example. Double click the .csproj file.

VS starts and the conversion wizard appears. I let it run.

5 files - only one - the csproj - is converted. No obvious error messages.

If I select BUILD -> SOLUTION it fails with message: Error 1 Unable to create a manifest resource name for "SimpleWindowed.resx". Could not find file 'C:\Users\AJ\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp2_DotNet_LJUD.zip\DotNet_LJUD\Examples\LJUDDotNet\U6\C#\U6_SimpleWindowed\SimpleWindowed.cs'. U6_SimpleWindowed

Not exactly sure why it is looking in AppData/Local/... when the files are on my desktop. Could this be related to the failed conversion?

I tried adding a reference LabJackUD .NET [yes, the dropdown has a blank after UD] but I get an error message that the reference already exists.

Any ideas to get me started??

Many thanks,
rtt/

The error makes it look like it's opening up the .zip file from a temporary directory (from being downloaded) and thus it's looking for a file that wasn't extracted. You might double check that you extract the whole .zip file to the desktop and then run it from there. Otherwise check any resource files and see if there is a link pointing to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users