As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Error #1001

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ellz

Ellz
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

The LabJack was working perfectly within a test framework I have written for it until today when it has started giving error #7001 which I believe is actually error #1001 referenced in the error codes provided as "UNKNOWN". The error occurs at the 'Go' stage of commanding the LabJack. I tried to run a simple vi (attached) using the original provided drivers to check it was not my framework and it is still producing error #1001. In this example I address the LabJack using it's serial number as I have been doing previously when it was working. I've checked for memory problems on my PC (as suggested in another thread) and the LabJack is plugged into the PC in the same way as it has been previously. I'm using Windows 7 32-Bit OS, LabVIEW 2011 and LabJack UE9 connected by USB. Any ideas on what is causing this error? Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• LabJack_error_1001.png

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

How about if you run one of our simple LV examples without making any changes? Such as "UE9 eDO Example.vi".

Does LJControlPanel have any problems?

Is the LED behavior normal at startup?

http://labjack.com/s...users-guide/2.4

#3 Ellz

Ellz
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

The simple LV examples run as I would expect with no problems (tested with a multi meter on some of the output to make sure it's doing what it says etc). The LJControlPanel isn't having any problems and LED behaviour is correct at startup. When i'm using the drivers elsewhere it only throws out an error at the Do stage of the Add Request/Go/Get Result cycle.

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Does LJCP report the same serial number you are using in your VI? Let us know what LJCP reports for UD driver version and U3 firmware version.

#5 Ellz

Ellz
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Yes LJCP reports the same serial number I am using in my VI. LJCP reports UD Driver version 3.25 and firmware versions for my UE9 as follows: Comm: 1.400, Control: 2.110, Hardware: 1.100, Bootloader: 1.140.

#6 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

So if you run "UE9 eDO Example.vi" without changing any defaults it works fine, but if you turn off FirstFound and set Address=268436529, then you get errorcode 1001?

I just did that test with Comm 1.40, Control 2.26, and UD V3.31, and it worked fine for me, so perhaps you need to update your Control firmware or UD driver (I would suspect driver more):

http://labjack.com/s...rmware/ue9/beta
http://labjack.com/s...dows-ud/beta-ud

#7 Ellz

Ellz
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

So if you run "UE9 eDO Example.vi" without changing any defaults it works fine, but if you turn off FirstFound and set Address=268436529, then you get errorcode 1001?

Yes that was exactly what was happening.

Updating the UD driver seems to have solved the problem with the provided examples. Now they work fine when I set the address manually etc.

Thank you very much for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users