As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

UE9 with Mux80 and 3 DB37's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 4Strings

4Strings
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hi, I was wondering how I would set up and use a UE9 with an Mux80 Expansion Board and three DB37 Terminal Boards? I am building a control system that will use a lot of relays and sensors, so I will need a total of 20 FIO ports, 13 AIN ports,, and 1 DAC port. I am wondering how I can configure the UE9 in Labview 2011 to use all of those ports? I know how to set the "Channel" of an FIO (DI and DO), AIN or DAC that's either on the LabJack directly, or on a single DB37. How do I set a "channel" for, say, the equivalent of FIO15 (DI or DO), that is, a 16th Flexible Input/Output??? Thanks, 4Strings

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

You can achieve your requirements without a Mux80 expansion board. You will only need a CB15, and a CB37. The CB15 will provide convenient screw terminal access to digital IO lines EIO0-7, and CIO0-3. The CB37 provides screw terminal access to digital channels FIO0-7, MIO0-3 and the analog channels 0-13. With the above specified expansion boards and a UE9 you will have a total of 14 analog inputs, and 23 digital IO lines. The DAC lines can be used directly on the UE9 module or the CB37 expansion board, it's the same thing in two different spots.

#3 4Strings

4Strings
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

You can achieve your requirements without a Mux80 expansion board. You will only need a CB15, and a CB37. The CB15 will provide convenient screw terminal access to digital IO lines EIO0-7, and CIO0-3. The CB37 provides screw terminal access to digital channels FIO0-7, MIO0-3 and the analog channels 0-13. With the above specified expansion boards and a UE9 you will have a total of 14 analog inputs, and 23 digital IO lines. The DAC lines can be used directly on the UE9 module or the CB37 expansion board, it's the same thing in two different spots.

Thanks for the reply!
How would I configure the EIO ports in Labview?
I've been using the eDI and eDI modules with a constant for "Channel" as a number from 0 to 7.
I use the DI/DO as switches for relays by putting an eDI and eDO with the same channel number in the two cases of a "Case Structure" in Labview, and toggle between them with a boolean switch.
How would I configure the EIO ports on a CB15 do operate in the same way???

Thanks,
4Strings

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

EIO0 is channel #8. You can see the channel numbers near the beginning of Section 2.9:

http://labjack.com/s...users-guide/2.9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users