As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

counters on U3 - quick test method?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ElectroLund

ElectroLund
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Is there a quick way to test the counter input on a U3? I have a U3-LV, and I'm starting with the LJ Control Panel application, v 2.26. I see that in the Config Defaults window, there appears to be a Timer / Counter settings area. But all those options are grayed out. How do these controls become enabled for my quick testing?

LJCP_timer1.jpg

If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to start writing code, as per the user guide. But I was hoping to start with a known working test tool like the Control Panel.

Thoughts?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

You can do your quick tests in the Test panel.

http://labjack.com/s...users-guide/1.1

In the "Timers and Counters" area there is a Config button which brings up a Window to configure the current timer/counter settings on your U3.

The "Config Defaults" window sets the power up defaults. For testing I recommend using the Test panel instead. Also, to set default timer/counter settings you need firmware 1.22 or greater on your U3 otherwise it is greyed out. You can upgrade your firmware through LJSelfUpgrade.

#3 ElectroLund

ElectroLund
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

Groovy, that worked. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users