As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

temp/RH spikes using EI1050 probe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnortega

johnortega
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

I have a Labjack U6 and am using one of the Labjack examples to read temperature and RH from a EI1050 probe in Labview. The U6 goes through a USB cable to the computer. The temperature and RH both (at the same time) have spikes. So for example, the temperature will read ~25C for several points in a row, and then there will be a single value of -300 and then it will go back up to the correct value. At the same time, the RH will also have a spike. I've played around with loop delays and averaging, and other "tricks" to eliminate it, but haven't been able to figure out the source. Sometimes, there will be time periods where there are more bogus values than real values. I do wonder if it's a limitation of the computer's processer - although I have seen it before with different computers and different versions of Labview. I'd be happy to hear any ideas. For this particular problem, I am using a Dell Laptop with XP and Labview 2012. I'd be happy to provide more details. thanks, John Ortega.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

I tried one example and see that if I run it with no probe connected I get an error, of course, and the temp and humidity show -273 and 0. So perhaps you are getting an occasional error? I would add some sort of error handling/logging.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users