As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

loosing contact to U12 in executable

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sylvester

sylvester
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hi, I have a problem with an executable and contact to two Labjacks: the program runs fine under Labview 6.1, calls two Labjacks by the serial numbers, sets ID to 1 and 2, and switches relays as planned. If I compile the program to create the executable, it works on my laptop. If I transfer the executable to another PC, it works a while, than one or both Labjacks are not recognized any more. When I close the program and check with LJconf, the Labjacks are not found. If I unplug and plug in again, they are back again. The Labview code runs without problems on this PC (I tested several PCs, all the same). If I compile the program again on the PC, it works without problems. So the version compiled with the laptop makes the problem. Any ideas what might be wrong? sylvester

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

I suggest you do a test to see if it is a problem with the hardware (USB host, USB hub, or U12s), or if it is a problem with your software. Run one of our sample programs such as LJlogger and see if the same problem happens after a while.

Here is a general application note about USB communication failures:

http://labjack.com/s...cation-failures

#3 sylvester

sylvester
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

As I said, hardware works without problems with LJlogger, within Labview, and with the executable created on the same PC. Everything works also on my laptop. The problem come up when I try to run the executable compiled on the laptop on another PC. It seems as if the Labjacks get 'kicked out'. I am using the U12 driver 1.21 on both computers; could any code related to the labjacks that gets included in the code during compilation interfere with the driver installed on the other computer? sylvester

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

Think I understand now. You have a laptop and a desktop. All sorts of things work on both, but there is just 1 combination that does not work: If you compile an LV executable on the laptop and then try to run it on the desktop. I can't think of any reason for that, and don't really recall hearing about that sort of issue before. Make sure you have the same LVRTE on both machines. Make sure you have the same U12 driver on both machines. Search both machines for ljackuw.dll and make sure there is only one copy on each machine. When you build the exe on the laptop and move it to the desktop, are you copying any other files or just the exe?

#5 sylvester

sylvester
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

Both computer have Labview 6.1 installed, so should use the same RTE. The only difference is that the laptop has also installed Labview 2009. I would like to check when the loss of communication occurs. Could I open LJconfig while the other program is running and refresh it from time to time only when the other program is not talking to the Labjacks?

#6 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

It is possible to run LJConfig at the same time as other programs, but it would depend on the details of what your program is doing. I suggest you just try it.

The following are still points to look at from post #4:

Make sure you have the same U12 driver on both machines.

Search both machines for ljackuw.dll and make sure there is only one copy on each machine.

When you build the exe on the laptop and move it to the desktop, are you copying any other files or just the exe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users