As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Command and response Vs Streaming

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hybrid Engineer

Hybrid Engineer
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

Hi I am currently reading the analogue inputs using the command and response mode but would like to be able to read the channels faster. I have looked into streaming mode and was just wondering if at this speed the labjacks accuracy is maintained especially when reading thermocouples in uV. Thanks

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Speed does not effect accuracy. The only thing to watch for is that increased speed can expose settling errors if your source has too high of source impedance. I would not expect a problem with a thermocouple, but you can do a quick test. Scan an extra channel right before your thermocouple, and jumper that channel to GND or VS to see if it makes a difference whether you are settling from 0V or 5V.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users