As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

USB Disconnect Reconnect while idle U6Pro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dale

dale
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

I have a U6Pro, fresh install of Windows 7 64bit, installed the LabJackUDSetupV325.exe software, updated the labjackud.dll file in systemWOW64 with the LabJackUDv327 update. When the U6Pro is idle, meaning no program causing it to do I/O, it constantly disconnects and reconnects from the system about every 8-10 seconds. If I watch the Device Manager I can see the Labjack USB Device, disappear and reappear, and the system beeps with normal USB connection sound, and the green status light on the U6Pro, flashes Off for abiout 1/2 second and then back on and then flashes indicating communication. When I start either the LJControlPanel and go to Test mode, or start my program, the disconnects stop happening. When I exit the program or LJControlPanel the disconnect cycle resumes. I tried this with 2 separate U6Pros, and I have seen this issue on one other computer. Any ideas why the disconnects. The device seems to work properly logging a couple of Analog inputs in my program and looks OK in LJControlPanel Test mode.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Sounds like the watchdog has been enabled:

http://labjack.com/s...rs-guide/4.3.13

... the reset-to-default jumper can be used to turn off the watchdog. Power up the U6 with a short from FIO2 to SPC, then remove the jumper and power cycle the device again. This resets all power-up settings to factory default values.

#3 dale

dale
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Yes - that was the problem. Both units were shipped from the factory that way. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users