As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

U6 stops logging after certain time period

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hybrid Engineer

Hybrid Engineer
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

Hi I am running some long term tests that require data logging. If I do not touch the laptop for a few days the program continues to run and log data but it just goes to zero. If I move the mouse the laptop responds but the labjack doesn't, to get it to work I have to unplug and plug the labjack back in again, once this is done the right values are read and displayed again. The laptop does not sleep or hibernate. I was looking at this "USB selective suspend setting" under "USB settings" in advanced power settings. I am not sure what this function does and whether it affects it. Has anyone had this problem and know of a fix. Thanks

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

What software are you using? Sounds like you might be getting errors which are not displayed.

Start with the following page:

http://labjack.com/s...cation-failures

#3 Hybrid Engineer

Hybrid Engineer
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

Thanks for the reply, I am using Labview, I will add error handling into my code to try and work out the problem. It is not happening on all my systems so it might be related to the laptop. To fix it, it requires the device to go through a power cycle, with the software still running (C in that guide). I might look into adding a watchdog to check the connection/communication status and then reset the device in that event. It has only happened a few times and can take days for it to happen so it is hard to get an answer to the problem straight away. Thanks for your help I will look into a solution and reply with my findings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users