As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Bug Gain with EAnalogIn (c++)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Melaine Gautier

Melaine Gautier
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

Hi, I've just get my U12 and do some development code. I have a problem using EAnalogIn and gain. if you don't set the gain to 0 for no differential channel (0 to 7), I can't read the value. I didn't try the differential one yet. In the documentation, it is written than the gain is only used for differential channel then why is there a problem if I don't use the a differential one? (for me, the correct behaviour should have be "nothing changed"). Regards, Melaine

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

That is the correct behavior. If you specify a gain other than x1 with a single-ended channel, you get an error because the hardware can only do x1 on single-ended channels. The reason it throws an error if you specify a gain of x2 to x20, is that we want it to be clear that it does not work. We don't want people to think they are getting that gain when they are not.

#3 Melaine Gautier

Melaine Gautier
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

Ok, but the documentation is not clear about the behavior. Perhaps it could be writtent that an exception is launch in this type of case Thanks, Melaine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users