As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Reading from the U3

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Susi

Susi
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hello, I had doubt aobout the Stream Example, I need to read from the labjack every 0.001seg, but when I used the Stream Example the simlation seems take more time that it shoul be, but the vector time was right, but this time a need to send a pwm signal to a servo-motor and read from the potenciometer, so I can send to Mathematica the value every 0.001 seg. So my question is how can I keep changing the pwm signal and measure at the same time in real time?? this has to be in real time because later I'm going to add an PI controler. thanks

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

The U3 can accept commands while streaming. So you can leave the stream running and set the new PWM. You just need to add a timer update to the inside of the stream loop.

#3 Susi

Susi
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

The U3 can accept commands while streaming. So you can leave the stream running and set the new PWM. You just need to add a timer update to the inside of the stream loop.

Ok, I had done something similar, but I still need to obtain the data every 0.001 seg, but the problem is that I'm getting the data at the end of the simulation. I don't know if I'm explain my self. But how can I read in the Stream mode and obtain the value right away and not getting a vector whit all the data at the end of the simulation??

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

Start by reading forum topic #5930:

https://forums.labja...?showtopic=5930

That topic is about the U6, but the same information applies for the U3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users