As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

How to command UE9 using UDP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 josephlam

josephlam
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

hi, i am new to labjack devices. All the communication is done by the labjack control panel is through tcp. Is there anyway to command the device using udp instead of tcp?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

UE9 commands (Section 5) can all be sent using TCP, except for DiscoveryUDP. All commands, except stream related commands, can also be sent using UDP.

The UD driver, and available software that uses the UD driver, all use TCP only. If you want to use UDP you can do so from your own software.

#3 josephlam

josephlam
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

So using my own software, i can packet the commands in section 5 of the user guide in udp instead of tcp? There is no need to configure the labjack device to change modes?

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

So using my own software, i can packet the commands in section 5 of the user guide in udp instead of tcp? There is no need to configure the labjack device to change modes?

This is correct. Any of the commands can be sent via UDP to the UE9 on port 52360 and will be processed as normal. We have an example here which uses TCP for raw communication that can show how to do some of the checksums and other things that UDP code will also have to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users