As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

How many Serial Porst can the LJ U6 have at the same time?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MarcoAndarcia

MarcoAndarcia
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

I am check in out the user manual for the LJ U6 and I was wondering if it is possible to have 2 serial ports active at the same time. I read that if you change the offset for the pins you can use different pins for RX and TX. However for the application that I am building having 2 Serial ports (TX1,RX1,TX2,RX2) would make my life much easier. Thanks in Advance.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

You can run more than one serial bus with the U6. The UART on the U6 is full duplex, but only one TX/RX pair can be active at a time. So if you can guarantee that device A won't transmit while you are talking to device B and visa versa then you can run more than one serial bus without issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users