As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Stream interupted while holding form title bar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fredff13

fredff13
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hello, I sent on Friday evening my source code and executable developed in Delphi 2006. It's not Console application I have found the big issue: if I'm holding for a while form title bar then I've got error 'Buffer overrun while streaming. Stream stopped.' I called stream read in separate thread, so windows should not interrupt background process of streaming data. The only thing should happened it's not updating fields with data. I found that LJStreamUD.exe behaves appropriately: no error while holding title bar and data is updating! This project is propbably built using LABView environment, not Delphi. I modified your Console application to make it running with thread, but result is the same buffer overrun error while holding form title bar. How can I avoid stream interruption, so data will not accumulated in UD buffer? Thanks in advance, Fred

Attached Files

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Try starting/resuming your thread with a "streamThread.Resume" call instead of "streamThread.Execute". Using the Resume method seems to be the proper way to have your thread class run the Execute method instead of calling Execute directly which may run the method in the same thread as your GUI. Also, I recently responded to your Friday email.

#3 fredff13

fredff13
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

Hello, I did not receive answer from David, so I have an issue after I switched to circular array instead of accumulated one, but I can run successfully from 1 to 3.6 hours and anyway got error message "Communication error while streaming. Packet received out of order or skipped. Stream stopped. (Error code 15)" or AV raised on the line to call error handler (there is no reason to raise it). It was no overrun UD buffer. What is the reason of that error and how avoid it? Please help, Fred

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

This is David. Sorry for the late response. Someone else should be responding back to you soon who can help with these types of UD driver errors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users