As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

ue9 analog inputs hardware troubleshooting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BOBILLIER

BOBILLIER
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hi My UE9 analog inputs was out today. it's hardware bug. If i look Temp value of the card i have 567C in place of 25C , and Vs at 6.08157V in place of 5V. If i put 0.277 mV on one analog input (with Uni5V select) , i read 2.13V and if i put 0.4V ,i read 4.51V. Bug_labjack_UE9.jpg And that on all analog inputs. It's like the reference voltage of ADC converter was fautly(always at 0.625V or less). Any suggestions to solve this hardware bug. Regards Eric

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

It does look something in your analog input system has been damaged. Please contact [email protected], refer to this forum topic #5906, and request an RMA.

Make sure you are doing all testing with all connections removed except for USB (or Ethernet/Power). Then add a single wire from DAC0 to AIN0, and use the test panel to vary DAC0 and see if AIN0 reads the same. Also check DAC0, at the same time, with a DMM to see if it is providing the correct output. Try the same thing with DAC0 to AIN1 to see if an odd channel is any different.

Use a DMM to measure VM+ versus GND, and VM- versus GND. They should be about +5.8V and -5.8V:

http://labjack.com/s...sers-guide/2.12

#3 BOBILLIER

BOBILLIER
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

I test labjack UE9 without anything connect on it , and powered via USB connection. I have test the DAC0 and DAC1. If i put 1.5V to them on the UE9 test panel, i obtain 0.140mv on the DAC's outputs. And if I connect a wire between DAC0 (or 1) to ADC0 (or 1), i can read 1.1V (Gain /range Uni 5V) on the test panel. I have test Vm- and Vm+ , and the both are OK. I contact support for RMA. Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users