As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

EI1050 Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RedSpanner

RedSpanner
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

Hi Folks, I have two EI1050 devices connected to a UE9 + CB37 config. Both EI1050 devices have operated correctly in the past. They are configured identically, except "enable" line for one EI1050 is FIO7, while other EI1050 has "enable" line on FIO6. They are also co-located on a prototype test board such that the readings from each EI1050 should be very close to identical. After a recent rewire of the connections (to free up lines FIO0 to FIO2), the readings for the two EI1050 have diverged, with (T,RH) on first EI1050 at (19.92, 64.4) -- close to correct values -- while other EI1050 has (-39.6, -4.6). Historically, these readings have always mirrored each other up until the recent re-wiring. To debug, I have done the following: - Physically checked wiring to confirm correctness - OK; - Power-cycled several times in case of startup issues - No change; - Run EI1050.getStatus() method, which returned 0, indicating no SHT1x status problems (though the only error condition I noted from the SHT1x datasheet that might be relevant was "End of Battery" on the SHT1x status register, though I don't know what the "OTP Reload" means). The device is still reading incorrectly. Can you folks suggest alternative approaches to identifying and correcting the problem? Thanks in advance for your help! Red

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

Looks like 1 probe is simply not working, so I would just do troubleshooting and see if you can get that one to work at all, or if it has sustained damage.

Swap connections for the working probe and not working probe.

Remove everything else from the UE9 and try to just get the bad probe to work by itself.

Try the test program:

http://labjack.com/s.../sample-windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users