As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

lab jack U3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 santhosh

santhosh
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:48 AM

Hi, I am new to labjack . I am doing a project on motor control. Here I have to find the following parameters of motor using Labview 7.1 version along with Labjack (U3-HV) : 1) Torque 2) Voltage 3) Current 4) Speed I donít know how to write a code for these parameters in labview and labjack and I didnít find any blocks like ICís, chips, motors in control and function palette. Plz guide me for the same and post all your suggestions here. Thank you.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

What type of motor is it? What is the voltage and current rating for the motor? What type of power supply are you going to use to provide power for the motor? Are you going to use a voltage supply and vary voltage? Or a current supply and vary current? Or perhaps a constant voltage supply with PWM control? Do you have a motor controller or motor driver?

#3 santhosh

santhosh
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thank you sir 1)5- phase brush less dc motor, 2)we are giving 36v battery supply to the motor,40 amps peak 3)we are using pwm controller for 3-phase for varying current and voltage is kept constant. 4)we have a controller for this.

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

OK, so you have a motor controller. Sounds like you want to measure some signals, and then send some control signal to the controller. For the input signals, describe each signal/sensor and we can look at each one. For the output signal, what sort of control signals does your controller accept?

#5 santhosh

santhosh
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

All the voltages are in between 0-5v.we have the external hardware for the same, we just want to acquire the data through labjack u3 and process the data in labview and display in system. so we need some guidance about tools which we can use for the interface labjack with labview and process.

#6 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Go to topic #5893 which seems similar. Post #4 gets you started with LabVIEW:

https://forums.labja...?showtopic=5893

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users