As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

reading SHT11 RH/Temp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CONTRALAN

CONTRALAN
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hi guys, I m triying to interface a sensorion SHT11 probe with a UE9 or a U3 usibg labview i connected a 10K resistor between VDD and data line i connected a a 100nF capacitor between VDD and GND Is that correct ??? Your "labjack python EI 1050 example .exe" doesn t work for UE9 pro and U3. I don t understand why... I tried to rebuild a vi using UE9 multiple EI1050 or U3 single EI1050 without result I always have this error "LabJack Error #54: Error with SHT ACK occured at LJUD_GetNextResult.vi" here is my VI for UE9 pro. Can someone check it please??? I saw there is a dll called "labjackuw.dll". do i have to use it? where can i find it. Thank you.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

i connected a 10K resistor between VDD and data line
i connected a a 100nF capacitor between VDD and GND
Is that correct ???

Please describe all connections to the U3 and SHT11.

See the following:

https://forums.labja...?showtopic=5625

Your "labjack python EI 1050 example .exe" doesn t work for UE9 pro and U3.

What problem are you having? Perhaps the example works fine, but your sensor is not working or is not corrected properly?

I tried to rebuild a vi using UE9 multiple EI1050 or U3 single EI1050 without result

What do you mean by "rebuild"? If you have LabVIEW and a U3 you should simply open "U3 Single EI-1050 Example.vi" and run it.

Your minimum connections should be:

EI-1050 Connections:
Red (Power) FIO6 (This is your 3.3V power supply)
Black (Ground) GND
Green (Data) FIO4
White (Clock) FIO5 (Also need a 10k pull-up resistor from FIO5 to FIO6)

Beyond those minimum connections you might need filters, but you should be able to get the probe to work with just those minimum connections first.

I always have this error "LabJack Error #54: Error with SHT ACK occured at LJUD_GetNextResult.vi"

Most likely the sensor is not working or is not corrected properly.

I saw there is a dll called "labjackuw.dll".
do i have to use it? where can i find it.

That is the driver. You have it, and you are using it. LJControlPanel uses it. The python example uses it. The LabVIEW VIs use it. The fact that the LabVIEW VI runs and gives you a proper errorcode tells me that you have the driver installed.

#3 CONTRALAN

CONTRALAN
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

Hi,

I m sorry, it's a SHT11 protoboard that i use.

you can look at datasheet on this page http://www.mikroe.co...1x-proto-board/

so i connected the sensor directly to U3 in this way :

*GND to GND
*SDA to FIO4
*SCL to FIO5
*VCC to FIO7

and it doesn't work. really i don't understand....

can you please help me to find the solution.

thank U

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

I see that this SHT1X Proto board from Mikroelektronika uses 1k pull-ups on the data and clock lines. I am concerned this is too strong. Try using EIO lines rather than FIO lines and see if that helps. If not, perhaps you could send us one of these proto boards and we can figure it out for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users