As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Bit output during ch#193 input streaming?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chuckb

chuckb
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

The U12 user's manual says that particular model is "too busy during streaming to do anything else". What about the U3? Is there lots of headroom for simple commands for that model? What I'd like to do is: * Stream channel 193 digital FIO/EIO input at 20kHz. I'll only be paying attention to FIO5 (masking all other bits). * If certain conditions are detected in the stream, I'd like to be able to toggle FIO4 with reasonably low latency (yes, I know buffering of ch193 in streaming mode has its own implicit latency. Should I be able to configure FIO4 as output, and then do "d.writeRegister(FIO4_STATE_REGISTER, x)" with no surpises? Thanks!

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Yes, on other devices besides the U12 you can do other things while streaming. On the U3, you should have no problems doing command/response toggles of FIO4 while streaming at 20k. Related reading:

http://labjack.com/s...3/users-guide/3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users