As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Installation of LabJackSetUp.exe v3.15

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MarcoAndarcia

MarcoAndarcia
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

Hi, I am trying to intall the driver to start using my LabJack U6-Pro. I downloaded the LabJackSetUp.exe v3.15 file, and ran the installer; however windows doesn't recognize the device, when I check in device manager. I tried re installing, manually pointing to the drivers folder; however when I manually point the setup wizard to the driver folder, it says that the driver is already up to date. I was wondering if somebody was having the same problem. I am running Windows7 64 bits, but according to the site it doesn't matter. I also tried to install v 3.25 but with the same outcome. Thanks in advance. Marco.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hi,

I am trying to intall the driver to start using my LabJack U6-Pro. I downloaded the LabJackSetUp.exe v3.15 file, and ran the installer; however windows doesn't recognize the device, when I check in device manager.
I tried re installing, manually pointing to the drivers folder; however when I manually point the setup wizard to the driver folder, it says that the driver is already up to date. I was wondering if somebody was having the same problem.

I am running Windows7 64 bits, but according to the site it doesn't matter. I also tried to install v 3.25 but with the same outcome.

Thanks in advance.

Marco.

For the U6 on Windows 7 you will definitely want to use the 3.25 version. It looks like it might be trying to associate an old version. The first thing to do would be to uninstall the software present, and remove the driver associated with the U6, by right clicking it in the device manager and telling it to uninstall the device. After that you should run the 3.25 installer.

#3 MarcoAndarcia

MarcoAndarcia
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

For the U6 on Windows 7 you will definitely want to use the 3.25 version. It looks like it might be trying to associate an old version. The first thing to do would be to uninstall the software present, and remove the driver associated with the U6, by right clicking it in the device manager and telling it to uninstall the device. After that you should run the 3.25 installer.

Hi,

I already uninstalled V3.15, and reinstalled v3.25 but with no result, windows is not recognizing the device in Device Manager, and When I try to update the driver it says that the driver is already up to date, I am pointing the setup wizard to my ProgramFiles(x86)/Labjack/Drivers.

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

So if you run LJControlPanel, does it report UD driver V3.25 on the main screen? When you connect the U6, what do you see for LED blinks? What do you see in Device Manager? Can you try some different computers for comparison?

#5 MarcoAndarcia

MarcoAndarcia
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

So if you run LJControlPanel, does it report UD driver V3.25 on the main screen?

When you connect the U6, what do you see for LED blinks? What do you see in Device Manager?

Can you try some different computers for comparison?

on the LJControlPanel Reports UD driver V3.25, on the device manager the U6 Pro is shown as Unknown Device I tried Uninstalling and reconnecting with no success, on the properties in Device manager this is what is shown:
for Device Status: "This device is disabled because the firmware of the device did not give it the required resources. (Code 29)". The Status LED is blinking periodically. I tried with a different LabJack U6 Pro but still doesn't detect it, what makes me think is something with windows, my next step is to try a different computer I suppose. I tried pointing the setup wizard to the 32-bit driver and 64-bit driver, but in both cases said that the driver was already up to date.

Attached Thumbnails

• labjack_Customer_Service.png

#6 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

For troubleshooting, make sure nothing is connected to the U6 except for the USB cable. Yes, please try some different computers and cables to try to see if it is the U6 or the computer. Can you describe the LED more? Do you get a few quick blinks, then some seconds of off, then blinks, or what? Try just connecting the U6 to some new computer without installing any software. Don't do anything on the computer after you connect the U6. Just note what the LED does at power-up and thereafter.

#7 MarcoAndarcia

MarcoAndarcia
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

For troubleshooting, make sure nothing is connected to the U6 except for the USB cable.

Yes, please try some different computers and cables to try to see if it is the U6 or the computer.

Can you describe the LED more? Do you get a few quick blinks, then some seconds of off, then blinks, or what?

Try just connecting the U6 to some new computer without installing any software. Don't do anything on the computer after you connect the U6. Just note what the LED does at power-up and thereafter.

Ok I just tried in another computer, a Windows 32-bit and it worked instantaneously, after running the installer I connected the U6, and it recognized it as soon as I connected it. I beilive is the Win7 64-bit platform that is giving problems. for some reason I can't find the .sys file that should come with the drivers. could you point me where is this file located?. As soon AS I connect the U6, the Status LED its on for like 3 sec then sart blinking at aprox 50% duty cycle ..

Now I am getting this error on the properties for Device Manager

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

I am pointing it to the drivers folder C:\Program Files (x86)\LabJack\Drivers\Install\LabJacka64

I think I might be missing a driver, could you please send me the driver files so I could try to install them, I have a Windows7 64-bit machine.

Attached Thumbnails

• recent_error.png

#8 MarcoAndarcia

MarcoAndarcia
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

I finally got it to work, It was missing this folder labjacka64.inf_amd64_neutral_26791fe584f8492e , in the C:/Windows/ System32/DriverStore/FileRepository/ directory, I installed this folder the first time I installed the program, but by that time it did not work neither so I decided to delete it and re install again; for some reason this folder only installs once, therefore I had to restore it from the recycle bin, then after another reinstallation it recognized the device.

#9 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Ok I just tried in another computer, a Windows 32-bit and it worked instantaneously, after running the installer I connected the U6, and it recognized it as soon as I connected it. I beilive is the Win7 64-bit platform that is giving problems. for some reason I can't find the .sys file that should come with the drivers. could you point me where is this file located?. As soon AS I connect the U6, the Status LED its on for like 3 sec then sart blinking at aprox 50% duty cycle ..

Now I am getting this error on the properties for Device Manager

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

I am pointing it to the drivers folder C:\Program Files (x86)\LabJack\Drivers\Install\LabJacka64

I think I might be missing a driver, could you please send me the driver files so I could try to install them, I have a Windows7 64-bit machine.

The blinking with a 50% duty cycle is an indication that the device isn't enumerating. This fits with the other things you are seeing as well. It is probably something specific to that PC, as the U6 works fine on another one.

Enumeration shouldn't be dependent on the driver. Thus, first I would try uninstalling the driver for the U6 (through device manager) and seeing if it still blinks in the same way.

There is also a log file, C:\WINDOWS\setupapi.log which can sometimes contain some useful information for issues like this. You can send that to us at [email protected]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users