As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Quad Mode, rotating direction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris_D

Chris_D
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

Hello, i have a problem with Quad Mode of my U3. I have connected wire A and B from a rotary encoder to FIO4 and FIO5. Now, in one direction everything is fine. A read Timer0 and he counts from 0 to -1440 (a full revolution). But if I turn in the other direction, the value rests. It seems that he counts A positive and B negative because the value changes quite a few times (from -1440 to -1439 to -1440). I also tested the LJControlPanel, same problem. Do you have any idea? Thanks for your help.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

What other connections do you have with the encoder (e.g. ground and power supply)? Please provide a link to electrical specs for the encoder.

#3 Chris_D

Chris_D
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hi, it's a torque sensor with a rotary encoder. Pin 1 Excitation (+) 12 ... 28 V DC Pin 2 Excitation (GND) 0 V Pin 3 Signal (+) 5 V Pin 4 Signal (GND) 0 Pin 5 Calibration control L <2,0 V; H >3,5 V Pin 6 Option angle A TTL Pin 7 Option angle B TTL Pin 8 NC But now, it works fine. I didn't connect the torque pins (pin 3 and 4) , so GND missed. Thanks for your food of thougth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users