As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

U6 timers 2 & 3 in labview

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Raj

Raj
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hi, I am working with a Labjack U6 in Labview. I am trying to read the position and velocity of an incremental quadrature encoder. For the position, I am using two timers in quad mode. For the velocity I would like to use another timer in risingedge32 mode. I can get either option to work but not both together. It seems as though timer 2 is not doing its job. Furthermore, when I run the example code "U6 Four 32-bit Frequency Measurements", only timers 0 and 1 display non-zero data. Timers 2 and 3 don't seem to do anything. I have upgraded the U6 to the latest firmware and tried reseting its IOs to factory defaults. How can I get timers 2 and 3 to return data? Thanks in advance to any help. Raj

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

Hi,

I am working with a Labjack U6 in Labview. I am trying to read the position and velocity of an incremental quadrature encoder. For the position, I am using two timers in quad mode. For the velocity I would like to use another timer in risingedge32 mode. I can get either option to work but not both together. It seems as though timer 2 is not doing its job. Furthermore, when I run the example code "U6 Four 32-bit Frequency Measurements", only timers 0 and 1 display non-zero data. Timers 2 and 3 don't seem to do anything.
I have upgraded the U6 to the latest firmware and tried reseting its IOs to factory defaults.

How can I get timers 2 and 3 to return data?

Thanks in advance to any help.

Raj

What LabJackUD driver version are you using? If you aren't you might try the latest beta version found here. We recently made some changes to that code which might solve this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users