As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Barometer - Low Voltage Measurement

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 embayweather

embayweather
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

I am building a weather station using Labjack and various components . I am nearing the end now, and one of the final projects is a barometer. I am using a MPXM2102A-ND sensor (data sheet http://datasheet.oct...heet-46224.pdf). In essence I can power from battery or from the onboard U3 supply. Both give miliivolt readings in the 20 - 40 mV area. I need to effectively measure these to do the pressure conversion. I am feeding the input from the sensor in via a LJTick amp, channel B. However, I cannot seem to get any increase in voltage out no matter where I ahem the dip switches for channel B. Measuring straightforward mV with a channel least to fluctuations as I need to measure to three decimal places . I had thought of putting a capacitor across the output to perhaps try and ease that, but an increase in voltage may well do the same. Measuring the output at the sensor itself with a multimeter when not connected to the U3 gives a completely steady signal when run on battery. I really would appreciate your help with this as I am so near the end.I should mention that I have a CB15 module in to which other sensors are plugged. Would the amplifier be better in that?

Thank you for your advice.

Best wishes

Mike

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

I started a page on bridge troubleshooting. See how this works for you:

http://labjack.com/s...et/appendix-d.1

The general idea is to use a DMM to see if the LJTIA has the correct input and output voltage, and use the test panel in LJControlPanel to see if the LabJack reading agrees with the DMM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users