As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

U 12 how to use the 16 digital I/O in LabView

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DocNice

DocNice
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

Hi, I am a rookie in LabView and I need a little help by using the 16 digital I/O at my LabJack U 12. I only need 8 of this digital I/O for my Realys. First I look in the "DigitalIO Example.vi" and played a little bit with it. I set the "D Direction" and the "D State Write" at High and search for the 5V high at my 16 digital I/O. But nothing found. What I have to do, to get one of this 16 digital I/O at a 5V high? My test was to use the "LJ DIO" with a constant und put all at High. You can see it in the attachment. But nothing change at the 16 digital I/O. Please Help me. Thx Kind regards Doc

Attached Thumbnails

• LJDIO.PNG

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

First confirm that it works as expected using LJlogger.exe. After you confirm that, then try LabVIEW. I am not sure what your screenshot is showing. Just open "DigitalIO Example.vi", click on the controls you want to change, and then run it. If you want to see how to use the driver function "DigitalIO" in your own VI, look at the wiring diagram for "DigitalIO Example.vi". If you want to start with a simpler function than "DigitalIO", start with "EDigitalOut" instead. You can see this easy function used in "e function example.vi".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users