As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

U3-LV compatible with USB 3.0??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mjaspan

mjaspan
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

I'm curious if the U3-LV is compatible with USB 3.0. I'm having trouble with the U3-LV on some USB ports and am not sure if it's a driver issue or a compatibility issue. I'm hoping you can help me figure out where to start. More Details: I have a brand-new HP Pavilion dv7 notebook computer, with Win7 Pro (64-bit). I downloaded and installed the UD driver today (v3.25). During install things went smoothly with the exception of an error installing .NET Framework 1.1. I received an error warning the .NET 1.1 was not compatible with the OS and asking if I should cancel that part of the install. I cancelled the install of .NET 1.1 but completed the rest of the install. My guess was that Win7 already had a newer version of .NET installed and things would work out. The OS is 64-bit Win7 Pro, but I intend to use the U3 and UE9 with a 32-bit version of labview so I installed the 32-bit version of UD Driver, per the instructions on the UD Driver download web page. I figured this was safer than using the beta version of the 64-bit version of the UD driver. The laptop has 4 USB ports, two of which are USB 2 and two of which are USB 3. I tried a UE9 and it worked fine in every port. However when I tried a U3-LV, it worked fine in the two USB 2 ports but not in the USB 3 ports. Checking the Device Manager, the U3-LV is registered as Unknown Device as the device description when connected to the USB 3 ports. Also, "This device is disabled because the firmware of the device did not give it the required resources. (Code 29)". Any troubleshooting suggestions appreciated. thanks, Martin

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

I'm curious if the U3-LV is compatible with USB 3.0.

I'm having trouble with the U3-LV on some USB ports and am not sure if it's a driver issue or a compatibility issue. I'm hoping you can help me figure out where to start.

More Details:
I have a brand-new HP Pavilion dv7 notebook computer, with Win7 Pro (64-bit). I downloaded and installed the UD driver today (v3.25). During install things went smoothly with the exception of an error installing .NET Framework 1.1. I received an error warning the .NET 1.1 was not compatible with the OS and asking if I should cancel that part of the install. I cancelled the install of .NET 1.1 but completed the rest of the install. My guess was that Win7 already had a newer version of .NET installed and things would work out.

The OS is 64-bit Win7 Pro, but I intend to use the U3 and UE9 with a 32-bit version of labview so I installed the 32-bit version of UD Driver, per the instructions on the UD Driver download web page. I figured this was safer than using the beta version of the 64-bit version of the UD driver.

The laptop has 4 USB ports, two of which are USB 2 and two of which are USB 3. I tried a UE9 and it worked fine in every port. However when I tried a U3-LV, it worked fine in the two USB 2 ports but not in the USB 3 ports.

Checking the Device Manager, the U3-LV is registered as Unknown Device as the device description when connected to the USB 3 ports. Also, "This device is disabled because the firmware of the device did not give it the required resources. (Code 29)".

Any troubleshooting suggestions appreciated.

thanks,
Martin

We've tested all the LabJacks on USB 3.0 ports and not had any issues. Do you know what brand/type of USB 3.0 port you have (The Device Manager should list this under the USB tab)? Have you tried connecting the U3 to the USB 3.0 port using a USB 2.0 hub to see if that makes a difference?

#3 mjaspan

mjaspan
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

According to the Device Manager I have the following under USB controllers: - Generic USB Hub - Generic USB Hub - Intel® Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26 - Intel® Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C2D - Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller - Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Root Hub - USB Composite Device - USB Root Hub - USB Root Hub Does this mean the brand/type is Renesas? It appears that the U3 is refusing to be enumerated by the USB 3.0 port. The U3 works fine on the USB 2.0 ports on the same computer. The UE9 enumerates fine on all USB ports. I don't have a USB hub to try. More debugging suggestions? Alternatively, perhaps you can let me know which USB 3.0 brands you have tested? thanks, Martin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users