As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

control several 24V Solenoid valves with labjack and CB25 interface

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anammox

Anammox
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

I am trying to separately control several 24V solenoid valves to open and close in a timed fashion. In other words, I will need a computer program to control the valves individually based on a complicated, timed schedule. The computer program I have not looked for yet. The labjack U12 I have, and I have a CB25 interface for the D connections. I have no experience using these materials, nor do I have any advanced electronics knowledge. From other forum posts, I understand that I may need to use Solid State Relays and the D connections to accomplish my tasks. Could anyone explain how this may be done? Is it even possible to control up to 6 or 8 solenoid valves using one labjack connected to a laptop? I have one SSR - SNC R2025-507 and the solenoid valves are several different models. I am sorry to impose such simple questions upon the forums, but I searched google and still could not understand what I should do. Many thanks, Membrane Bioreactor Team

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

Have you looked at the PS12DC power switching board? Check out the datasheet below.
http://labjack.com/s...s12dc/datasheet

The PS12DC cannot be fit directly to a LabJack U12, but if you ran wires individually (like in the picture explaining how to connect it to an Arduino), that would work. I would recommend upgrading to a LabJack U3-LV though, if you have the money.

The alternative would be to purchase a bunch of solid state relays, and wire them individually to digital IO lines on the U12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users