As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Fatigue test

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 carlosEC

carlosEC
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

Hello, I have been working on a fatigue test machine with my U3-HV, my only problem is that I need to detect when the cylinder completely deforms in order to stop the machine. I need a digital signal and I am not so sure about what sensor is the most recommendable for this case. Please some help would be great. Thanks.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

No direct experience with detecting cylinder deformation, but if there is not a sensor exactly for that the thing to think about is what happens when the cylinder deforms. Maybe some other effect occurs which you can easily measure.

#3 carlosEC

carlosEC
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

No direct experience with detecting cylinder deformation, but if there is not a sensor exactly for that the thing to think about is what happens when the cylinder deforms. Maybe some other effect occurs which you can easily measure.

Is it possible to work with a strain gauge?? And using the analog input of the U3 comparing it with a constant in a vi? Would you recommend it? I want to be sure if it is going to work before buying the strain gauge.

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

First you need to complete a bridge, so you need resistors or more strain gages:

https://forums.labja...?showtopic=4376

Once you have a bridge, you need an LJTick-InAmp to excite it and measure it with a U3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users