As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Receiving FLASH_WRITE_FAILED error when calling WriteMem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drelidan7

drelidan7
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

Hello. I am attempting to write some custom diagnostic data to the UserMem part of memory using the WriteMem low-level function. I am reading the data from the memory, erasing the memory, and then attempting to write to it (I need to store some diagnostic information onto the LabJack, so reading its prior state is essential; and the WriteMem function states that you need to erase memory before writing). I receive no errors from reading (though I get all 0's from the user memory - to be expected) or erasing, but when I try to write to the flash memory, I am receiving errorcode 16 [FLASH_WRITE_FAILED]. I have tried a few different timing delays between the EraseMem call and the WriteMem call, but none of them seem to make a difference. How could I get more information so that I can debug this error? Thanks, Note: My firmware version is 1.320, my hardware version is 1.300, and my driver version is 3.25

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

You should not need any delays.

Is there are a reason you are not using the USER_MEM functionality in the UD driver:

http://labjack.com/s...rs-guide/4.3.14

What language are you using? Have you tried an example such as "U3_Memory" from the VC6_LJUD archive?

#3 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

... and if you want to troubleshoot your low-level stuff, provide a code snippet for us to look at.

#4 drelidan7

drelidan7
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

So, I had to back away from that part of the application for about a month. I didn't realize that there were ways to write to memory under the miscellaneous section. That solution worked for me. Thank you so much for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users