As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Analog outputs greater than 5V

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joey2

Joey2
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

I have been using the LabJack U12 for several years now in a variety of projects requiring analog voltage outputs in the range of 0-5V (AO0,AO1). I am beginning a project where I need to generate output voltages on the order of 6-> 8V relative to some external ground which doesn't need to be isolated from the LabJack ground. Is there some simple technique (electrical circuit or possibly IC chip) powered by the LabJack 5V or by a 24V 200mA DC source, that I can use to either double the LabJack AO output or to add a fixed steady offset of ~4V? Regards, Joe

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

An op amp set up as a non-inverting amplifier would work: http://en.wikipedia....rting_amplifier

Another option is to use a U3 with the LJTick-DAC. The tick provides two DAC channels with 10V range. Unfortunately it does not work with the U12.

#3 Joey2

Joey2
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

Thanks very much for the quick response. The operational amplifier solution should work fine. Regards, Joe

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

The U3 User's Guide has some useful information:

http://labjack.com/s...s-guide/2.7.1.2

Figure 2-8 shows a +/-10V output. If you just want something like 0.02 to 10.0 volts, then the non-inverting configuration is simpler. You would do Figure 2-3 in reverse:

http://labjack.com/s...s-guide/2.6.3.5

Either way, the LT1490A might be a good op-amp for you.

#5 jbiele

jbiele
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

I have been using the LabJack U12 for several years now in a variety of projects requiring analog voltage outputs in the range of 0-5V (AO0,AO1). I am beginning a project where I need to generate output voltages on the order of 6-> 8V relative to some external ground which doesn't need to be isolated from the LabJack ground. Is there some simple technique (electrical circuit or possibly IC chip) powered by the LabJack 5V or by a 24V 200mA DC source, that I can use to either double the LabJack AO output or to add a fixed steady offset of ~4V?
Regards,
Joe

I did this by adding a fixed 4.5 battery voltage via a relais, which itself can be switched by Labjack AO. See circuit attached.

cheers,
Jens

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users