As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

U6, OS 10.7 and Matlab 7.13

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 audrey

audrey
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

I have been unsuccessful at getting Matlab to load the library in '/usr/local/include/labjackusb.h'. Before continuing, I just wanted to confirm that I have the right tools to hand. So, I installed the Exodriver and then downladed the UD Matlab library, which was the only Matlab code I could find on the LabJack site. However, after reading a bit more, I now realize UD is the Windows driver. Is there other Matlab code I am missing or is it a simple matter of getting the ljud_LoadDriver to work on the Mac and then the remainder of that library will work?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

The UD Matlab library is for Windows only, and getting the ljud_LoadDriver working will not make the library work. The OS X library and the Windows driver have different library calls, meaning a different Matlab library would be needed to use the OS X library specific calls. I have little experience with Matlab, but you probably need to load the library (/usr/local/lib/liblabjackusb.dylib) as well as the header file (/usr/local/include/labjackusb.h) to start accessing the library. At this time we do not provide a Matlab library, but you do have the option of using LJFuse or LJSocket with MatLab if you do not want to make a Matlab library. They provide a file IO and TCP interfaces to LabJacks, where you can use built in Matlab file operations or sockets/TCP without the need to access the Mac OS X library. Here are the links to both on our site:

http://labjack.com/support/ljfuse
http://labjack.com/support/ljsocket

#3 audrey

audrey
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

Thank you!

#4 Iandol

Iandol
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

I have a Matlab object to control digital I/O and strobe 11bit words via the DB-15 from Matlab, works fine on OS X 10.7 and Matlab, just PM me and I can send you my code...

#5 mhopeng

mhopeng
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

Hello Iandol, I'd be interested in seeing your code, but the PM function doesn't seem to work on this board (or at least I can't figure it out). Can you post it or email it ( mhopeng at gmail )? Thanks!

#6 Iandol

Iandol
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:19 AM

Sorry, just saw this now. You can get my labJack.m object code here:

https://github.com/i...ation/labJack.m

I use homebrew to easily install both libusb and the exodriver (see my other thread)

#7 mhopeng

mhopeng
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

Thats very helpful, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users