As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Honeycomb Support?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bdog

bdog
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

aka Android 3.0 - Just thought I'd ask.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:24 PM

Nothing yet. We have not done much with Android yet because phones usually don't have USB host ports, but perhaps tablets do and will provide new motivation.

#3 bwead

bwead
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

We are looking at developing with android on the following platform and could use some support for either the U6 or UE9. Interested in helping out.

http://www.technexio...evelopment-kits

Nothing yet. We have not done much with Android yet because phones usually don't have USB host ports, but perhaps tablets do and will provide new motivation.

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

An immediate solution is to use a UE9 and talk to it over Ethernet (TCP). No driver needed. Beyond that, we are interested. Maybe we should pick up a Tsunamipack. Which dev kit are you looking at?

#5 Jeremy

Jeremy
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:52 AM

I purchased the twister xl pack. Boots with 2.2 FroYo right out of the box.

#6 bdog

bdog
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:40 AM

http://www.motorola....-XOOM-US-EN.alt

Connectivity does include USB 2.0
1280x800 resolution would make for a good portable data acquisition device.

#7 cruelkix

cruelkix
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

Any update on android support? A lot of tablets are coming out with android lately. I'm currently looking at getting an Asus Transformer Prime. It would be sweet if I could swap out the computer I currently have running my brew rig and use the transformer instead. Thanks, Craig

#8 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

Currently we have not worked further on Android support. The first issue would be to find an Android version of libusb 1.0 and getting that to work. Afterwards I would imagine getting the Exodriver compiled and going shouldn't be too tough. Doing a "libusb android honeycomb" Google search, I found this libUSB dev topic which may help you out on the libusb side: http://libusb.6.n5.n...-td4533494.html . Also, note that your tablet will need a USB host to power and send/receive USB communications.

#9 Mouhamad

Mouhamad
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

Actually, any Android 3.2 and higher will support host mode now. I need this. When will we have a driver?

#10 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

Currently we do not have a set timeline on an Android driver. The driver will probably be a port of the new LJM driver we are currently working on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users