As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Easy setup?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Reckan

Reckan
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:08 AM

Hello! I need help with setting up a simple setup for logging one signal! I just got my first U12 device and I've never used it before and I don't understand that much from the user guide. I have a signal that I've been monitoring with an oscilloscope. It has to do with a sensor and the signal i get is from 0 - 5V. The thing is that I want to run a test for at least 1 day and collect samples and then make it into a graph. One sample like every 30 minute is accurate enough for this test. From what I've understood so far, the best way (and easiest) is to use JLogger to collect data to a file. And then use excell to make it into a graph? I'm just confused with how to insert the signal into the U12 (where should the signal go? In one of the Analog inputs I guess but which? And how do I make the program JLogger understand which input to listen to?) And also, how to set up the program correctly? Thanks for your time and help! //Reckan

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:13 AM

Section 2.6.3 of the U3 User's Guide has more background information about connecting to analog inputs. It is for the U3 obviously, but much of the information applies to the U12 also:

http://labjack.com/s...ers-guide/2.6.3

You can use any of the analog inputs. AI0 seems a likely choice. Without knowing much detail about your signal, you probably just want to connect the positive to AI0 and the negative to GND.

Then run LJlogger:

http://labjack.com/s...users-guide/3.4

By default it will open with the first row measuring "0 SE", which means AIN0 single-ended, which means AI0 versus GND.

#3 Reckan

Reckan
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:19 AM

Yes i solved it! Thanks a lot for your help! //Reckan

#4 rey7

rey7
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

could you please guide me how to use ljlogger.. I really new.. how to create file, how to collect data etc,, pleasee,,

#5 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

There is a brief discussion in Section 3.4 of the U12 User's Guide:

http://labjack.com/s...users-guide/3.4

Just ask us whatever questions you have.

how to collect data

The program is always collecting data when it runs.

how to create file

Just click the "Write To File" button and it will start writing to file.

Click "Configure" to set the "Working Directory" which is where the data files will be written.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users