As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Neeb help with exodriver...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Indy500

Indy500
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:07 PM

I have a U6 Pro and Ubuntu 10.04 x64. I followed the directions on this page for Ubuntu 10.04:
http://labjack.com/s...ac-os-x-drivers

When I get to this step:
$ python
>>> import u6
>>> d = u6.U6()

I get:

libusb couldn't open USB device /dev/bus/usb/003/003: Permission denied.
libusb requires write access to USB device nodes.
libusb error: LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS
handle: None
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/u6.py", line 186, in __init__
self.open(**kargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/u6.py", line 203, in open
Device.open(self, 6, firstFound = firstFound, serial = serial, localId = localId, devNumber = devNumber, handleOnly = handleOnly, LJSocket = LJSocket )
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/LabJackPython.py", line 574, in open
d = openLabJack(devType, ct, firstFound = True, handleOnly = handleOnly, LJSocket = LJSocket)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/LabJackPython.py", line 1400, in openLabJack
handle = _openLabJackUsingExodriver(deviceType, firstFound, pAddress, devNumber)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/LabJackPython.py", line 1262, in _openLabJackUsingExodriver
raise NullHandleException()
LabJackPython.NullHandleException: Couldn't open device. Please check that the device you are trying to open is connected.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
-David

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

The most likely culprit is that you aren't in the adm group. You can add yourself the adm group with the following command:

$ sudo usermod -a -G adm <Your username>

#3 Indy500

Indy500
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

Yes, I'm in the adm group: $ groups david adm dialout cdrom plugdev lpadmin admin sambashare

#4 Indy500

Indy500
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

I got it to work! It turns out that the firmware was 0.95. Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows machine so I was in a chicken and egg kind of dilemma since I had to have exodriver working to upgrade it! I finally went to a friend's house and updated the firmware there and everything started working! Thanks for your help!

#5 Lingue

Lingue
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

i have this problem too . how to solve this ?

#6 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

After installation, disconnect and reconnect your LabJack to your system. This is to make sure the newly installed permissions are in effect. Also, log off and log in to your Linux machine to make sure adm group on the current user is in effect.

If the above doesn't help, please tell me what LabJack device (UE9, U3, or U6) you are using and describe and/or provide the error you are getting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users