As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Cyclic Voltammetry

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 barkepho

barkepho
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

Hi All, I am trying to connect LabJack U12 to a PAR 173 Potentiostat in order to run some Cyclic voltammetry experiments...Any help please. Cheers

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:16 AM

I could not find any info about a Par 173 Potentiostat, so please post links or descriptions. I did find a wiki entry on cyclic voltammetry:

http://en.wikipedia....lic_voltammetry

It appears that you output a triangular voltage source, and measure the uA current response that results. So what does the potentiostat do and what does the U12 need to do?

#3 barkepho

barkepho
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:44 PM

Hi, In Cyclic Voltammetry experiment, you apply voltages in a specific range (like 0 to 1V) in a specific time (like 100mV/sec) then you monitor the current. So the potentiostat I am using (PAR 173) has two analogue voltage outputs (one for the voltage and one for the current(converted to voltage)). My aim in using the LabJack is to login the two potentiostat output channels and save them in a file for futhur analysis. Iam intending to use LJStream software to log the data, but I need to plot the two channels against each other. I wonder if some one develop a Cyclic Voltammetry LJStream. Cheers

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:09 AM

So the PAR 173 makes the triangular drive waveform for you, and also reads back the small current response and converts it to a nice easy-to-measure voltage signal for an external measuring device like a LabJack? What is the voltage range and frequency of that signal?

LJStreamUD just plots the data vs time. You could take the data files and plot them however you want afterwords in Excel or whatever. If you want it done in real-time, consider DAQFactory. I don't know all the details, but know it is possible in DAQFactory:

http://www.azeotech.com/index.php

#5 Stumann123

Stumann123
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:05 AM

Hi, I'm a 4th year student and have never used a labjack before. We currently have a U6 model. I was reading in the FAQs that analog outputs convert digital signals into voltages. Can this feature of the labjack be used for performing cyclic voltammetry? If so, how would I setup the connections?, Thanks very much for you help. Stumann

#6 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:26 AM

Are you saying you don't have something like the PAR 173 described above that runs the experiment, but rather want the U6 to do everything? If you describe what you want the U6 to do, in basic electronic terms, we can see if the U6 can do what you want.

#7 barkepho

barkepho
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for the help. I downloaded "AzeoTech® DAQFactory® Express" and I can plot two channels vs each other

So the PAR 173 makes the triangular drive waveform for you, and also reads back the small current response and converts it to a nice easy-to-measure voltage signal for an external measuring device like a LabJack? What is the voltage range and frequency of that signal?

LJStreamUD just plots the data vs time. You could take the data files and plot them however you want afterwords in Excel or whatever. If you want it done in real-time, consider DAQFactory. I don't know all the details, but know it is possible in DAQFactory:

http://www.azeotech.com/index.php

#8 sepehr

sepehr
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hi every one, I have the similar problem. I have a Bank Potentiostat and Labjack U3-HV module. I want to run some cyclic voltammetry experiments using DAQFactory. But I dont know how to do it. I am even not sure if I connected the my Labjack module to the potentiostat correctly. I would very much appreciate and be grateful if anyone could assist me on this matter. Thanks a lot. 

#9 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

Similar thread here:

https://forums.labja...?showtopic=6265

That newer topic has troubleshooting steps so I would continue from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users