As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

microphone sensor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chikief

chikief
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:39 PM

Dear all, I want to use a microphone sensor in the labjack, but I don't know which sort of microphone shoud I get. I would like to have a reading of the frecuency of sounds in volts that can be handled by the labjack. Of course I don't know if this is possible to perform with labjack... If anyone could help me would be appreciated!!!

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

If you buy a cheap little electret microphone, you should be able to get a signal from it, send it through an amp, and then look at it with the U3. The datasheet for the microphone will suggest a bias resistor that you connect to VS, thus providing 5 volts to the microphone, and will also suggest a series capacitor to get rid of the DC offset. The small signal that results would need to go through an amp, and the LJTick-InAmp should be a decent option for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users