As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

How do I connect a CS Anemometer to aUE9?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Antony

Antony
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:58 PM

I have a Campbells Scientific 03101 Anemometer and a Labjack UE9. How do I connect the anemometer to the Labjack and then configure DaqFactory to receive the data?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:18 PM

Looks pretty easy to connect the Annometer to the UE9. The Vane: Excite it with 5V from the LabJack and read the output with an analog input. I would calibrate the voltage to direction with a compass. The Anemometer. The voltage output is AC from 100mV to 6V. This is going to be a little more difficult. You either need to stream an analog input at >7200Hz and analyze the data to determine where periods occur. The other option is to set up a op-amp as a comparator set to trigger near zero. The output of the amp can then go through a 10k resistor and directly to a digital input set to counter. Then all you have to do is read the counter.

#3 Antony

Antony
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:58 PM

Thanks for the hardware tip. I now have the anemometer connected to a KTA-245 dual frequency analog converter. The output from the converter is connected through a 10K resistor to AIN0 What do I have to do now in order to read the values? I am using DaqFactory.

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:48 AM

A 10k will cause error with a high-voltage input, so you probably want to use a smaller resistor (1k or less per Appendix A of the U3 User's Guide). See Sections 2.6.3.3 and 2.6.3.4 of the U3 User's Guide.

Depending on the output range of your signal, you might want to use FIO4 rather than AIN0. See 2.6.0 of the U3 User's Guide.

Use the test panel in LJControlPanel (with no other software running) to test whether you are reading the voltage you expect.

Reading a voltage in DAQFactory is very easy. Go through the DAQFactory - LabJack Quick Tutorial. Then refer to Section 3.1 of the DAQFactory - LabJack Application Guide. For further DAQFactory help, consider posting on Azeotech's forum:

http://www.azeotech....php?showforum=6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users