As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Windows CE

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mikebsr

mikebsr
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

My apologies if this question has been resolved - I am quoting options for a customer and know very little about Pocket PC and Windows CE devices. My question is, can I use a LabJack device (in particular, the U3) with a device running Windows CE? If so, will this work with a USB port? Any guidance you could provide would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:54 PM

On the U3 downloads page, there is a Pocket PC/Windows Mobile package (PocketPC_NativeUSB_U3UE9.zip) available for download which contains a low-level driver for the U3 and UE9. If a device is running Windows CE 3.0 to 5.0 (which Pocket PC 2002, 2003 and Windows Mobile 5.0 devices run), and has a USB host then it should be able to run a U3 with this driver. We have only tested the driver on Pocket PC and Windows Mobile specific devices, but we do have customers who have embedded systems running Windows CE get a U3 working. Please read the Readme.txt file in PocketPC_NativeUSB_U3UE9.zip package for more information.

The following information may not pertain to your customer, but may benefit others. If you are not using a Pocket PC/Windows Mobile specific device and are running Windows CE, when following the installation instructions, after copying over the driver to the \Windows folder if you cannot specify the driver to use after plugging in your U3 or UE9 you will need to add the registry keys and values manually. The U3 and UE9 registry keys and values are as follows:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\ClientDrivers\labjackusb_driver]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3285_9]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3285_9\Default]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3285_9\Default\255]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3285_9\Default\255\labjackusb_driver]
"Prefix"="UE9"
"DLL"="labjackusb"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\ClientDrivers\labjackusb_u3_driver]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3285_3]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3285_3\Default]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3285_3\Default\Default]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\3285_3\Default\Default\labjackusb_u3_driver]
"Prefix"="LU3"
"DLL"="labjackusb"

#3 mikebsr

mikebsr
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:10 AM

Thanks very much for your prompt and thorough response!

#4 mikebsr

mikebsr
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:24 AM

Just when I start getting my head wrapped around Windows CE programming (it's wayyyy more painful than I ever imagined), it looks like my hardware manufacturer is starting to send everything with Windows CE 6.0. Any idea if the LabJack drivers will work with Windows CE 6.0 and if not, any idea of when we could have drivers for this version? Thanks again!

#5 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

Currently I am not sure if our Pocket PC driver works with Windows CE 6.0 or not. We have yet to try it out ourselves. Our driver was initially developed for Windows CE 3.0 - 4.0 and without modification worked on CE 5.0, so hopefully that trend will continue. As for when we will do tests with Windows CE 6.0, I am not sure at this time. Usually for testing we just buy a cheap PDA with the CE version we are looking for, install our driver and run our example applications to look for problems.

#6 mikebsr

mikebsr
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for your reply. I think I can stick with 5.0 for now. Is there any chance you guys will start offering more support/example code in VB.NET for the Windows CE/Pocket PC stuff? Although I can program in C#/C++, I program much, much faster in VB. I can't find any clear performance advantages in C++/C# (in the .NET world) as all the languages compile to the same instruction code, so I'm more concerned with my profit margin than anything else. The sooner I get done a project, the sooner I can invoice and move on to the next job. I may not be regarded as a "real" programmer, but as long as I'm making as much money as possible, I don't care. I'd like to respectfully request more support for VB. Thanks!

#7 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

We'll keep the VB .NET examples in mind, but at this moment it is not a priority with us. Sometime in the future we may provide some VB examples to go along with our C# ones.

#8 mikebsr

mikebsr
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:48 PM

Checking back after a long time - is Windows CE 6.0 supported/tested?

#9 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

No, Windows CE 6 has not been tested. A couple of people have asked about it CE 6 support, but so far no one has given us feedback on if they have tried the driver, and if it runs or not. If not we would probably look into it further, but at the moment since there has been little interest in it we have not purchased a CE 6 device to do tests.

#10 u3labjack

u3labjack
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Is U3 labjack tested for windows embedded compact 7 or standard 7? Where can I get the drivers for the two flavors of windows embedded?

#11 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

No, the U3 has not been tested on either but if your embedded device has a USB host it should be able to power a U3. We have drivers you can try for them though. For standard try our normal Windows installer for drivers:

http://labjack.com/support/windows-ud

For compact try the Pocket PC/Windows CE driver:

http://labjack.com/s...c-native-usbzip

You'll want to try the CE6 built driver in that download (drivers\CE6).

#12 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

To update our Windows CE driver's status, we are not providing active support for newer versions of Windows CE. The last releases were tested on Windows CE 3-6. In light of this, we are providing the last release's source code for people to build and modify for their version of Windows CE, and have provided other options to consider here:

http://labjack.com/s...ive-usb-example

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users